|Posted 2019-01-10 by Judy Wight Branson|
|Prescott Evening Courier, Prescott, Arizona|
Wednesday, September 28, 1932, page 1, column 3
Dewey Man Dies Of Burns Today
Kerosene explosions in rural Yavapai county Sunday and yesterday in the
homes of two bachelors cost one of them his life and both of them their
Charles Goff, sixty, poultryman residing on a little ranch a quarter of
-a-mile northwest of Dewey, died in the Yavapai county hospital in
Miller Valley today of burns he sustained Sunday afternoon late in a
fire that destroyed his three-room residence and another small house he
Goff, neighbors said, was preparing his supper over a small oil stove
about five o'clock Sunday afternoon when the stove supposedly exploded.
The elderly man's clothing caught fire. He was found lying on the
ground outside. By the time neighbors arrived, attracted by the flames
which were spreading rapidly, the fire had ignited a small house nearby
in which he had grain stored. Because there was no means of fighting
the fire effectively, the buildings burned to the ground. Goff was
hurried to the county hospital with first degree burns. Death occurred
at six o'clock this morning.
Goff was said by neighbors to have lived in the Dewey district alone
for fourteen or fifteen years. James Goff of Iowa, who has been
notified, is a brother and Lou Steger of Petal, near San Francisco, is
a brother-in-law, it was said.
Note: These obituaries are transcribed as published and are submitted by volunteers who have no connection to the families. They do not write the obituaries and have no further information other than what is posted within the obituaries. We do not do personal research. For this you would have to find a volunteer who does this or hire a professional researcher.
Questions About This Project?